Friday, March 18, 2016

More Bible Art Journaling

Since coming home from Florida, I have been able to prep my Bible pages with clear gesso and use my watercolor paints and markers.  Here are some more of the pages I have illustrated in my journaling Bible.

The first three are my copies of examples in Joanne Sharpe's book, The Art of Whimsical Lettering.  I love her exuberant color palette and no-fear lettering styles.




This one is original.  I googled images for Solomon's temple and abstracted an image.


This one was fun to paint, although I ended up concealing almost all of the text on the waterfall page.


I have also painted several Bible-related journal pages.  I think I will print these on vellum or printer paper and add them as "tip-ins" to my journaling Bible.

The first one is watercolor and acrylic, and resulted from watching Bob Burridges's videos.



The next one is just watercolor and black ink.


And one more watercolor with black ink.


Hope you like these.  Again, I am participating in the Original Bible Art Challenge and the Heaven is Calling challenge by Rebekah R. Jones.  The first challenge was in 2015, but is still available, and there is a huge number of people still participating and posting their work on Facebook. The Heaven is Calling Challenge is ongoing and a new prompt is given once a month.

No comments: