Tuesday, March 29, 2016

More Lucky Stars and More Gelato Art

I spent the last two afternoons sewing away in our little mountain cabin.  Now some of the Lucky Stars squares have the rectangles sewn all the way around, making them fifteen-inch squares.  (The blocks are not sewn together yet.)



This will make sewing the rows together much less tedious.  I have lots more stars cut out and partially sewn.

I tried using my new Faber-Castell Gelatos on a Bible journal page.  The pastel colors look nice and soft.  I added some watercolor pencil for the stems and flower centers  I added just a little water with a brush for blending.



I took lots of photos this afternoon.  I love the long shadows and reflections in the afternoon sun.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really like the way the star blocks look together with the rectangles added on!
We leave Sarasota in the morning.
Yours in friendship,
Mary and Dennis in New Mexico